Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Avon and Somerset Police taser innocent man in groin for no reason.


Peter Cox, 49, had 50,000 volts fired into his groin by a police officer in Bridgewater on the 13th of July, 2010.

Mr Cox was on his way to do some landscaping work at the home of a friend when he noticed a police patrol car was following him.

He pulled over outside friend Donna Allen's house in Bridgwater, Somerset, but after a short conversation with police officers collapsed to the ground after being shot in the groin.

Eyewitnesses say the male officer pointed the taser gun at Peter Cox "for more than 20 seconds" before lowering the weapon.

But the weapon discharged "accidentally" and Peter dropped to the ground in agony after one electric probe missed his genitals by two or three inches.

Mr Cox said: "I got out of the car and asked the police what they wanted. I then asked them to park on the other side of the road because we were working on the front garden.

"The officer didn't say anything, but he got out of the car and pulled out a taser and pointed it at me.

"I didn't know this at the time so I just went on with what I was doing and got a bag of stone for the garden out of the boot. Then he shot me.

"I wasn't looking but Donna says he had it pointed at me for 20 seconds before it went off.

"I was really shocked and I didn't know what was going on. I got one in my groin and one in my ankle.

"It really hurt. It just stunned me completely and felt like someone was stabbing me with a fork all over my body.'

The electric taser probes hit Peter in the groin and his right ankle.

Paramedics treated Peter, who suffers from debilitating Guillain Barri syndrome, on the front lawn of the property.

Father-of-one Peter denies acting aggressively towards the officers and was completely dumbfounded as to why he was tasered.

A spokesperson for Avon and Somerset police said that officers had wanted to speak to Mr Cox as they suspected the BMW he was driving was not insured.

But Peter called his insurers immediately after the incident and it was confirmed the car had valid insurance.

Peter now plans to sue the constabulary for damages and is seeking the advice of solicitors.

He added: "After it happened the driver of the police car came up to me and said, 'The reason we wanted to talk to you was because your car came up as no insurance."

"But I checked and there definitely is valid insurance.

"To this date they haven't contacted me or any of the other witnesses or neighbours. I would like an apology."

Donna Allen, 47, added: "When I asked them if they were going to take statements the sergeant actually said to me they wouldn't need to because the officer admitted accidently discharging the gun."

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez...I bet dat hurt !!!

Sat May 18, 12:26:00 am GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home